Memories Quotes

Memories Quotes
Memories Quotes


Both expectations and memories are more than mere images founded on previous experience.Samuel Alexander
Memory is the greatest of artists, and effaces from your mind what is unnecessary.Maurice Baring
Memory is not an instrument for exploring the past but its theatre. It is the medium of past experience, as the ground is the medium in which dead cities lie interred.Walter Benjamin
Memory is the first casualty of middle age, if I remember correctly.Candice Bergen
Memories are like stones, time and distance erode them like acid.Ugo Betti
A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen.Edward de Bono
Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future.Corrie Ten Boom
Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family.Chris Brown
Thinking so hard on her soft eyes and memories of the signs that it's over. It's over.Jeff Buckley
Memory is very important, the memory of each photo taken, flowing at the same speed as the event. During the work, you have to be sure that you haven't left any holes, that you've captured everything, because afterwards it will be too late.Henri Cartier-Bresson
Some memories are realities, and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again.Willa Cather
A Church which has lost its memory is in a sad state of senility.Henry Chadwick
Memory is the thing you forget with.Alexander Chase
Memory is the treasury and guardian of all things.Marcus Tullius Cicero
I write journals and would recommend journal writing to anyone who wishes to pursue a writing career. You learn a lot. You also remember a lot... and memory is important.Judy Collins
Our memories are card indexes consulted and then returned in disorder by authorities whom we do not control.Cyril Connolly
A good memory is needed after one has lied.Pierre Corneille
And I've been walking 'round with memories way too long.Iris Dement
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.Adam Duritz
A good memory is one trained to forget the trivial.Cliff Fadiman
A memory is a beautiful thing, it's almost a desire that you miss.Gustave Flaubert
Memories are doing funny things to us.Milos Forman
From the first place of liquid darkness, within the second place of air and light, I set down the following record with its mixture of fact and truths and memories of truths and its direction toward the Third Place, where the starting point is myth.Janet Frame
Memory is the treasure house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved.Thomas Fuller
Well, one of the things I discovered in the course of looking back and writing about what I saw in my memory is that I was a closely observant person long before I became a reporter.Alma Guillermoprieto
Memory is often less about the truth than about what we want it to be.David Halberstam
Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.Lionel Hampton
Memory is a net: one that finds it full of fish when he takes it from the brook, but a dozen miles of water have run through it without sticking.Oliver Wendell Holmes
My earliest acting memory is making up a play for my mom and dad called The Lonesome Baby. I have no idea what The Lonesome Baby was about. I just remember the title. But I'm sure it was an epic.Jane Horrocks
Every man's memory is his private literature.Aldous Huxley
Your memory is a monster; you forget - it doesn't. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you - and summons them to your recall with a will of its own. You think you have a memory; but it has you!John Irving
Memory is quite central for me. Part of it is that I like the actual texture of writing through memory.Kazuo Ishiguro
But I believe above all that I wanted to build the palace of my memory, because my memory is my only homeland.Anselm Kiefer
It's surprising how much memory is built around things unnoticed at the time.Barbara Kingsolver
Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth, but not its twin.Barbara Kingsolver
No memory is ever alone; it's at the end of a trail of memories, a dozen trails that each have their own associations.Louis L'Amour
The industry's memory is quite short, it's true.Diane Lane
Human memory is a marvelous but fallacious instrument. The memories which lie within us are not carved in stone; not only do they tend to become erased as the years go by, but often they change, or even increase by incorporating extraneous features.Primo Levi
Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.Mario Vargas Llosa
Memory is more indelible than ink.Anita Loos
Although computer memory is no longer expensive, there's always a finite size buffer somewhere. When a big piece of news arrives, everybody sends a message to everybody else, and the buffer fills.Benoit Mandelbrot
My earliest memories are the best. I always try to remember the good times when Daddy was alive.Jayne Mansfield
Memory is a great artist. For every man and for every woman it makes the recollection of his or her life a work of art and an unfaithful record.Andre Maurois
It turns out that my memory is just not that great, so for specific scenes with people doing stuff, sometimes I'd have the details all wrong or I couldn't remember what happened exactly, so I just let that be.Rick Moody
A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of the day.Grandma Moses
Memory is the way we keep telling ourselves our stories - and telling other people a somewhat different version of our stories.Alice Munro
I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people.Brittany Murphy
A great memory is never made synonymous with wisdom, any more than a dictionary would be called a treatise.John Henry Newman
My memories are inside me - they're not things or a place - I can take them anywhere.Olivia Newton-John
The memory is like a cat scratching my heart.Marina Oswald
Memory is man's greatest friend and worst enemy.Gilbert Parker
The repressed memory is like a noisy intruder being thrown out of the concert hall. You can throw him out, but he will bang on the door and continue to disturb the concert. The analyst opens the door and says, If you promise to behave yourself, you can come back in.Theodor Reik
Some men's memory is like a box where a man should mingle his jewels with his old shoes.George Savile
Memory is the personal journalism of the soul.Richard Schickel
Our memories are independent of our wills. It is not so easy to forget.Richard Sheridan
Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.Lewis B. Smedes
Memories are fallible and a timer can save a lot of hard work from going out of the window.Delia Smith
Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future.Mattie Stepanek
We know that if memory is destroyed in one part of the brain, it can be sometimes re-created on a different part of the brain. And once we can unravel that amino chain of chemicals that is responsible for memory, I see no reason why we can't unlock it and, essentially, wipe out what's there.J. Michael Straczynski
I hope that memory is valued - that we do not lose memory.Studs Terkel
Memory is not wisdom; idiots can by rote repeat volumes. Yet what is wisdom without memory?Martin Farquhar Tupper
My earliest memory is dreamlike: in a small orchard or garden I am carried on the arm, I believe, of my father; there was a group of grown-ups, my mother among them, and the group was slowly walking in the orchard, it seems toward the house.Immanuel Velikovsky
Memory is a magnet. It will pull to it and hold only material nature has designed it to attract.Jessamyn West
Most people think that shadows follow, precede or surround beings or objects. The truth is that they also surround words, ideas, desires, deeds, impulses and memories.Elie Wiesel
Memories are like mulligatawny soup in a cheap restaurant. It is best not to stir them.P. G. Wodehouse
Memory is funny. Once you hit a vein the problem is not how to remember but how to control the flow.Tobias Wolff
My memory is not even what most people's is, much less what it oughta be for a discussion like this.Warren Zevon

Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments